Monday, April 12, 2010

Birth of a blog

This is my first blog post ever, and I'm a little intimidated. It's like starting a new journal. All the blank pages stare you in the face, challenging you to fill them with something worth reading.

I decided to finally cave in and start a blog for a few reasons:

1) I am obsessed with food. I read about it, daydream about it, and talk about it constantly. I'm an addict. My hope is that this will relieve my husband and friends from having to listening to my endless babbling if I can funnel my thoughts into one productive place. (My fear is that this might actually make it worse. It's hard to imagine that I may not have hit rock bottom yet.)
2) Journeys are more fun when you've got company. I have been delving into the world of raw vegan food, sustainable foods, superfoods--basically all things healthy and hippie. I have been really grateful for the blogs of others, so I thought I should try to be a contributing member of blog society.
3) Peer pressure. My friends have threatened to start a blog and post in my name. A word to the blog bullies in my life: Identity theft is not a joke. Millions of families suffer everyyear.

If there's anything you'd like me to post about (I know I owe a lot of people recipes), feel free to contact me and I will be happy to oblige. Otherwise, I will write about my many food adventures as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment